In the aftermath of Judgment Day and the machine takeover, resistance leader John Connor (Christian Bale) must counter Skynet’s plan to terminate mankind. Rallying his underground street fighters for a last, desperate battle, he realizes that to save the future he must rescue his own father Kyle Reese (Anton Yelchin). But the most shocking discovery comes with the arrival of Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington), a mysterious loner from the past who challenges Connor with an impossible choice and leads them both on a brutal journey into the heart of the enemy.
Witness the battle between man and machine in the gritty action epic as TERMINATOR SALVATION blasts its way onto Blu-ray and DVD on December 1st from Warner Home Video. The newest installment in the adrenaline-fueled hit Terminator franchise stars Christian Bale (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight) as John Connor, leader of the human resistance in a post-Judgment Day world ravaged by deadly Terminators.
The TERMINATOR SALVATION 2-Disc Blu-ray includes both the theatrical version (PG-13) and the Director’s Cut (Rated R) with explosive additional footage not shown in theaters. Packed with over 2 hours of spectacular bonus, the Blu-ray version features the immersive Maximum Movie Mode, an interactive viewer experience where the entire film is examined using “Walk-On” technology that enables viewers to see Director McG deconstruct key moments from the film. Also included is over 40 minutes of Picture In Picture (PiP) commentary with cast and crew, 11 mini featurette focus points, storyboard comparisons, still galleries, and a Terminator mythology timeline. Additionally, the Blu-ray contains Re-Forging the Future, a behind-the-scenes look at the film’s production, and The Moto-Terminator, a featurette revealing how the film’s visual effects crew and motorcycle manufacturer Ducati partnered to create the slick and deadly Moto-Terminators. The Blu-ray will also include a theatrical version of the film available on a Digital Copy disc.
Additional content available via BD-Live includes a compilation of 10 viral videos from the alternate reality game “Resist or Be Terminated” revealing SKYNET’s secret plans, the first episode of Terminator Salvation Machinima Series, and a digital version of Issue #1 of the Terminator Salvation official movie prequel comic. Plus, viewers can organize Live Community Screenings, and record their own commentaries using the “My Commentary” BD-Live feature.
Terminator Salvation is not only a loud, action-packed, and special effects-heavy summer extravaganza, but also a pitch-perfect extension to the series while also offering a somewhat meaningful look at what it means to be human and man’s superiority to machine. Terminator Salvation also introduces new characters and technologies but never leaves the confines of established franchise lore, and the result is an exciting visual spectacle that also carries on the series’ legacy while simultaneously creating its own identity within the Terminator universe. Warner Brothers’ Blu-ray release of Terminator Salvation delivers a stunning 1080p transfer and a deafening reference-quality soundtrack that’s among the very best Blu-ray has to offer.
TERMINATOR SALVATION BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS
• Theatrical Version of the Film:
Exclusive to Blu-ray™ Content:
• Two Versions of the Film:
o Theatrical Cut (Rated PG-13)
o Director’s Cut (Rated R) – Includes explosive new footage not seen in theaters.
• Maximum Movie Mode featuring Director McG deconstructing the film’s key moments, 11 mini featurette focus points, over 40 minutes of Picture (PiP) commentary with cast and crew interviews, storyboard comparisons, still galleries, Terminator mythology timeline and more.
• “The Moto-Terminator” – See how the Terminator Salvation visual effects crew and Ducati partnered to create the slick and deadly Moto-Terminator!
• “Re-Forging the Future” – Go behind the scenes of Terminator Salvation with an exclusive set tour.
BD LIVE Content Includes:
• Compilation of 10 viral videos from the “Resist or Be Terminated” alternate reality game revealing SKYNET’s secret plans.
• The first episode of Terminator Salvation Machinima Series
• Digital version of Issue #1 of the Terminator Salvation official movie prequel comic.
Digital Copy on Disc
• Theatrical version of the film