The original and iconic series that started it all, THE BEST OF STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES navigates the fantastic adventures of Captain Kirk (William Shatner), Mr. Spock (Leonard Nimoy) and their crew on the Starship Enterprise as they launch a five-year mission to explore strange worlds, seek out new life forms and boldly go where no man has gone before. Featured episodes include The Trouble with Tribbles, arguably the most popular “Star Trek” episode of all time, plus Amok Time, The City on the Edge of Forever and Balance of Terror, which introduced the evil Romulans to the series. Digitally remastered with brilliant picture quality and enhanced special effects, THE BEST OF STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES serves as a perfect introduction to the epic world of “Star Trek.”
An ideal introduction to the only syndicated series to ever receive an Emmy® nomination for Best Dramatic Series, THE BEST OF STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION highlights the four most sensational episodes of the series TV Guide calls “one of the greatest television shows of all time.” Set in the 24th century, “The Next Generation” follows the crew of the Enterprise-D, helmed by Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) and Commander William T. Riker (Jonathan Frakes), along with their iconic and endearing supporting crew. Featured episodes include the two-part The Best of Both Worlds, Yesterday’s Enterprise in which a previous Enterprise travels 22 years into the future to meet with its successor and The Measure of a Man, an episode where Commander Riker is forced to take the stand to prove that Data is indeed an android.
THE BEST OF STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES and THE BEST OF STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION are each one-disc DVDs presented in Full Screen with English 5.1, Spanish Mono and Brazilian Portuguese Mono as well as English, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese subtitles. THE BEST OF STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES DVD is unrated in the U.S. and rated G in Canada with a total running time of 3 Hrs. and 35 Min. THE BEST OF STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION DVD is unrated in the U.S. and rated PG in Canada with a total running time 3 Hrs. and 1 Min.
THE BEST OF STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES
- The City on the Edge of Forever – The Enterprise crew discovers a time and space portal, leading one of them to accidentally alter history
- The Trouble with Tribbles – The cute, furry tribble is brought on board the Enterprise as a pet, only to be discovered as a rapidly reproducing, all-consuming animal
- Balance of Terror – After the Romulans use hostile force on a Federation outpost, Captain Kirk and the Enterprise must battle an invisible spaceship
- Amok Time – Follow Mr. Spock as he returns to his homeland for a brutal Vulcan marriage ritual
THE BEST OF STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION
- The Best of Both Worlds (Part I) – Responding to a distress call on one of the Federation’s outer-most colonies, the Enterprise arrives…only to find the colony has disappeared
- The Best of Both Worlds (Part II) – Commander Riker pulls out all the stops in order to save Earth from a Borg invasion lead by Locutus – otherwise known as Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- Yesterday’s Enterprise – A rift in the space/time continuum brings the previous Enterprise – the Enterprise C – 22 years into the future, forever altering time
- The Measure of a Man – When Data’s rights as a sentient individual are placed under trial, Starfleet forces Commander Riker into a position where he must prove that Data is an Androi