Bikini Bottom fans can venture off the beaten path with the all-new SpongeBob SquarePants game, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, based on the upcoming The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, in theaters February 6. Launching today globally, the app is an endless runner mobile game available for iOS, Android and Amazon app stores.
In the app, SpongeBob and Plankton are racing to find the lost Krabby Patty formula in 3 seaworthy locations including Bikini Bottom, Apocalyptic Bikini Bottom and a real-world beach. When he is not running, SpongeBob is flying past obstacles with Plankton’s jetpack, floating in a bubble through a coral forest, racing through Bikini Bottom in the Patty Wagon, or has Plankton jumping through his surreal imagination. When the running gets tough, SpongeBob gets heroic as he transforms into Super SpongeBob. The new upgrade allows SpongeBob to knock through any obstacle in his way without risk.
- Customize SpongeBob with unique costumes like Caveman and Pirate
- Run through iconic locations including Bikini Bottom, Apocalyptic Bikini Bottom and on a beach
- Power up with Plankton using shields and magnets
- Become Super SpongeBob and knock everything out of SpongeBob’s path
- Hilarious dialog between SpongeBob and his arch-rival Plankton
- Compare distance and scores after your run with other players
- Custom animation and voice-overs with SpongeBob and Plankton created just for the game
SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run was developed by Playside Studios, creators of the App Store’s Worldwide Editor’s Choice game Catch the Ark.
Play the new game SPONGE ON THE RUN on iOS and Android!