Rentrak Corporation, the global leader in box office measurement, today announced the worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of March 10, 2013 as compiled by the company’s Box Office Essentials™ and International Box Office Essentials ™ theatrical measurement services.
As the trusted standard for all studio box office reporting, Rentrak provides intelligence into overnight theatre-level reporting across the global theatrical market. Coupled with the official reported data, studios are able to analyze admissions and gross results in over 50 territories using Rentrak’s suite of products.
Rentrak’s President of Theatrical Worldwide, Ron Giambra commented, “Oz: The Great and Powerful opens at No. 1 worldwide with an outstanding estimated weekend gross of $150.2 million from 47 markets. This is best worldwide opening thus far in 2013.”
The top-12 domestic weekend box office estimates listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, March 10, 2013 are below.
- Oz: The Great and Powerful – Disney – $80.3M
- Jack The Giant Slayer – Warner Bros. – $10.0M
- Identity Thief – Universal – $6.3M
- Dead Man Down – FilmDistrict – $5.3M
- Snitch – Lionsgate – $5.1M
- 21 And Over – Relativity Media – $5.1M
- Safe Haven – Relativity Media – $3.8M
- Silver Linings Playbook – The Weinstein Company – $3.7M
- Escape From Planet Earth – The Weinstein Company – $3.2M
- Last Exorcism Part II, The – CBS Films – $3.1M
- Good Day To Die Hard, A – 20th Century Fox – $2.1M
- Life Of Pi – 20th Century Fox – $1.6M