Disney Store is poised to redefine children’s retail, launching a magical new store design in major markets across the United States and Europe this summer. The innovative Disney Store design will be unveiled for the first time in June at The Shops at Montebello in Montebello, CA just outside of Los Angeles, followed by the European premiere in early July in Madrid, Spain at La Vaguada. A unique destination developed from a child’s perspective, the new store design integrates the latest technology to create an enhanced shopping experience inspired by Disney’s most popular characters and stories.
“We have infused Disney magic into all elements of this one-of-a-kind retail experience, and have selected prime retail centers to launch the Disney Store of the future,” said Jim Fielding, president of Disney Stores Worldwide. “Special features like the iconic Disney Princess castle with magic mirror and the Disney Store Theater are just two of the amazing elements in the new store that will enrich every child and family’s experience at the Disney Store.”
More than 20 new and remodeled Disney Store locations are slated to open this year in premier retail centers throughout North America and Europe. North American locations have been confirmed for Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City, New York; Santa Monica Place in Santa Monica, California; International Plaza in Tampa, Florida; Stockton St. in San Francisco, CA; and Fashion Valley in San Diego, CA. European locations cover four markets with openings in Spain, Portugal, Italy and the UK. These include NorteShopping in Oporto, Portugal; Orio Center in Bergamo, Italy; and UK locations including Centre MK in Milton Keynes, Bon Accord Centre in Aberdeen and Donegal Place in Belfast.
Each new store has special significance and will be celebrated as an important milestone in Disney Store’s growth and evolution.
• Roosevelt Field will be the first east coast newly-designed store to open in the United States.
• In August, Disney Store will join a group of exclusive retailers for the re-opening of the new Santa Monica Place shopping center near the legendary Santa Monica Pier in southern California. Santa Monica Place is a modern shopping and dining destination that combines contemporary styles with sustainable architecture, and Disney Store will offer a comprehensive assortment of unique Disney products to the elite clientele.
• Disney Store at International Plaza in Tampa, Florida will be nearest to Walt Disney World Resort, allowing families to visit both this summer.
• Fashion Valley brings together San Diego’s finest collection of stores set in a beautiful outdoor shopping center, and the newly-designed Disney Store will launch there this summer.
• Disney Store will join retailers in the historic Union Square of San Francisco, one of the largest shopping areas in the United States. Union Square became San Francisco’s
• In Europe, Oporto will be the first Disney Store to open in the north of Portugal and only the second to open in the country, following the successful launch of the brand to the market in 2007.
With each new store opening in 2010, Disney Store will designate a day for 10 percent of the sales to be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation in the U.S., Spain, Italy and Portugal and to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity in the UK.
To find a Disney Store, guests can visit www.DisneyStore.com/storelocator or call (866) 902-2798.